Myth no.1 : Chocolates are addicting!
Fact: Chocolates are addictive you say? Well not really, Studies have found no addictive qualities in chocolates. The “chocolate craving” is more of a learned cultural addiction than a psychological one. Chocolate addiction is not a true addiction.
Myth no.2 : Milk chocolate is as nutritious as dark chocolate!
Fact: Dark chocolates are far more nutritious than milk chocolates. Milk chocolate is loaded with heavy amounts of calories. And has very less nutritional value because of the presence of excessive sugar and fat content. Milk chocolates contain fewer antioxidants than dark chocolate.
Myth no.3 : Chocolates causes Headaches!
Fact: A lot of people consider chocolate as a direct cause of migraines. Studies found that headaches are related to harmones and not to food. Which clearly says that chocolates have no connection whatsoever to the cause of migraines.
Myth no.4 : Chocolate is bad for your cholestrol!
Fact: Despite the high percentage of saturated fat, chocolate does not have a negative impact on cholesterol levels. Dark chocolate is one of many foods that have been shown to lower cholesterol in clinical trials. But, that doesn’t mean you should eat it with every meal.
The type of chocolate you consume matters when it comes to eating chocolate for good health because it’s the properties of the cocoa that offer the health benefits.
Dark chocolate, because it contains more cocoa than other palatable chocolate products, has higher amounts of flavonoids and thus is more likely to exert a protective effect against heart disease.
Myth no.5 : Chocolate causes acne!
Fact: Chocolate doesn’t cause acne, this is a myth, different studies found that there is no direct link between acne and chocolate.
Stats for nerds :
1) The average American eats about 10-12lbs of chocolates per year.
But an average Swiss eats about 21lbs of chocolates per year.
2) The largest chocolate bar ever made weighed over 5000 pounds(2.3)tons and was made in Italy in 2000.
3) Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source, a single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150ft (45m).
4) U.S chocolate manufacturers use 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make chocolates.
5) People all over the world spend more than 7 billion dollars a year on chocolate.